Enjoy a meal that is both high in protein and light on your stomach. It doesn’t even sound like that is possible but it is! Try this Mexican-infused stuffed avocado filled with shredded chicken. This gluten free meal is savory and only takes 15 minutes to prepare. Perfect for anyone who is trying to eat healthy but is always on-the-go. I personally love this meal because I like to workout after dinner so I need something that it is filling but doesn’t leave me feeling bloated or heavy. Here is the skinny:
Serving Size: 4
Fat: 15 g
Net Carbs: 3g
- 4 Avocados
- 2 Cups of Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1/2 Cup of Light Sour Cream
- 3 Teaspoons of Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- 4 Tablespoons of Chunky Salsa (with no added sugar & gluten free -Pace’s Chunky Salsa works)
- 4 Strips of Veggie Bacon Strips (I used MorningStar)
- 1/4 Cup of Diced Green Bell Pepper
- **1 Jalapeño (if you like a bit of spice)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Place sour cream, (**diced and lightly seeded jalapeño), salsa, chicken, cilantro and lime juice in a large bowl.
- Shred the chicken and mix the items in the bowl completely.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate the chicken salad for 30 minutes. This is important so the flavors mix together.
- Right before the 30 minutes is up, slice each avocado in half (lengthwise) and remove the pits.
- Gently press down on the empty pit hole to make more room for the chicken salad.
- Stuff the chicken salad into the avocado and allow it to lightly overflow.
- Presentation is key, garnish with a cilantro leaf. 😉
If you want a bit more flavors, add shaved cheddar jack cheese to the top.
(enjoy your meal 🙂 I figured I should get back to practicing my Spanish even though I am out of school)