DISCLOSURE: This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Pure Via®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #PureViaSweet http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Brisk mornings and nights are in full swing in the South Bay and I have been baking, drinking hot tea, and cuddling up on the coach every day it seems. I know every year around the holidays I find myself gaining weight and promising that I’ll drop the dreaded pounds in the new year but this year is different. I have been committed to working out at least 3-4 times a week but I will admit I refuse to cut out every thing that I enjoyed prior to making this lifestyle change. So how do I maintain my weight? It is all about making modifications and learning how to enjoy yourself rather than overindulge. Today I am showing you a skinny pumpkin bread recipe that will be the perfect edition to any holiday party and it’s only 125 calories per slice (12 slices in a loaf) so no one has to feel guilty.
The first change I made was by making this gluten-free. Not only did this cut the calories but it eliminates the heavy bloated feeling we often get after eating cake-like treats. Next I used Pure Via which is a natural alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners. Pure Via is made from the pure, sweet extract of the stevia leaf which means none of those gross preservatives or artificial processing will make it into our bodies. As if that wasn’t enough, it’s a great choice for people trying to live a healthy lifestyle because it’s zero calories. That’s right, you read correctly, ZERO! Confession time: I have been keeping these packets in my purse lately and have been passing them along to friends when dining out because it really does taste great.You’re probably noticing that there is powdered sugar on top of the skinny pumpkin bread and thinking that definitely kills the skinny in that recipe. Everyday I pick and choose what I want to spend my calories on and as long as I factor it into my daily intake it is something I try not to stress about.
This recipe makes a flavorful and moist pumpkin bread that you are definitely going to want to bookmark!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Makes: 4 loaves (depending on pan)
- 2 Cups of Pure Via Sweetener (purchased mine at Walmart) **
- 5 Eggs
- 2 15-oz Cans of Pumpkin
- 6 Cups of Gluten-Free Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla
- 2 Tsp of Salt
- 1 1/3 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 Tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cups of Mashed Banana
- 1 Tsp of Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp of Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp of Ground Cloves
- 2/3 Cup of Coconut Oil (Melted)
*Save $.55 on ONE (1) Pure Via® Non-GMO, All Natural, Zero Calorie 40 Ct. Packets while supplies last*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and all the spices into a bowl.
- Grab another bowl (larger). Beat eggs and Pure Via sweetener on low until mixed (I used a fork then moved to a beater). Then on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the mashed bananas, almond milk, melted coconut oil and vanilla to the bowl with the blended eggs. Blend for 45-60 seconds.
- Add pumpkin cans and blend until it is completely mixed into the bowl.
- Put your mixer on low and slowly add the first bowl filled with powders into the second bowl.
- Use nonstick cooking spray on each pan.
- Evenly distribute the batter into each pan.
- Before placing each into the oven, tap each pan against the counter to remove any air pockets that may be stuck.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out completely clean.
- Allow the loaves to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar and start enjoying.
Special thanks to Pure Via for sponsoring this post! Be sure to dance around the kitchen while you bake by taking advantage of a free song and cookbook/songbook download from Jewel at http://purevia.com/Jewel-Tunes/. I say that because it’s really the only way I know how to be in the kitchen haha! 😉