Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut off, stemmed and seeded
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1- 97% fat-free Turkey meat
- 4 oz. can green chiles
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup favorite cheese (pepperjack, colby jack, white cheddar all be great)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper. Put bell peppers into pan.
- Cook the quinoa in small pot and turkey in a pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon fill each pepper with the contents of the bowl and top with the cooked quinoa and turkey.
- Lightly coat the top with the tomato sauce. — Don’t use it all, save 4 tablespoons (See #8)
- Bake (open side up) until peppers are tender and filling is warm throughout, about 30 minutes.
- I like to reapply the top of each stuffed bell pepper with the last bit of tomato sauce.
- Finish off by sprinkling on some cheese and serve immediately.