Special thanks to Aloha for sponsoring this post!
“You want to go on a trip?”
These words are always so bitter-sweet to my ears. Sure I want a weekend getaway to relax and do absolutely nothing but the last thing I want to do is pack. Yes, I am fashionista and of course I love clothes but my battle with them is never-ending. People hear that I am a life and style blogger and immediately think ‘this girl has it all’ but truth be told, I work very hard for the life I lead. I have had weight issues my whole life and in 5th-grade had to learn about eating right. Losing weight is more than dieting for a week to two, it’s a complete lifestyle change that I continuously work at every day. My journey has taken place over 15 years and the times I have noticed the biggest change is when workout 3-to-5 times a week, find fun ways to hold myself accountable for what I am eating and analyzed exactly what is going into my body.
- Get out and move. Just a 30-45 minute walk, 5 times a week can pay off with big results over a year. Don’t get discouraged because change only happens over time. Remember especially during the holiday seasons: we call it a holiDAY not a holiMONTH so don’t overeat with all the temptation around.
- Hold yourself accountable. If you need me, I’ll be the girl getting caught Instagraming even in social situations. Not only do I love to reflect back on meals but by publicly showing others what I ate I am being held accountable. Boy, does my family help with that!
- Get Picky. Today we are going to enjoy my version of a vacation in a cup. This coconut-banana smoothie is a great meal replacement idea that is made with 18 grams of plant-based protein powder that is sure to make you say “Aloha“. Made with whole foods that are naturally rich in nutrients and superfood ingredients, Aloha‘s protein powder is both vegan and gluten free. There is no added chemical amino acids, vitamins, or minerals. Having a bit of trouble remembering important information? Coconut is low in natural sugars and still contains a high fiber and manganese that helps fuel your brain when your body starts to slowly crash due to low blood sugar. Don’t be afraid to get picky and ask what is your food because after all this is our one and only body. Doesn’t it feel good to know that what you are putting in your body is there to help you out?
- 1 packet of Aloha‘s Vanilla protein powder
- 1 Banana (I enjoy mine frozen and slightly thawed)
- 2 Tbsp of coconut
- 1 cup of milk (I drink skim milk but organic 1% cows or almond milk work great too)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender and enjoy!
So next time someone asks you if you want to go on a vacation go ahead and say you’re in, you deserve it! Packing will be a million times more enjoyable because you’ll be able to fit in that beautiful dress we all have stashed in the back of our closet. Reward yourself this season with a FREE 14 DAY TRIAL while supplies last that includes benefits like tons of free recipes by becoming auto enrolled into the monthly subscription.
“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Aloha, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #myAloha and #AlohaMoment http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”